About the position
Do you have a passion for communication? Are you able to explain medical terms to those unfamiliar with them? If so, a Care Transitions Coordinator position might be for you. The Care Transitions Coordinator is a clinical liaison position between health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from a facility to home care or hospice environment.
The coordinator communicates necessary information the medical team so they can deliver the necessary care to the patient. As an advocate for the patient, the coordinator also ensures that the patient’s needs are met by communicating regularly with patient and/or family.
Many people require various treatments over time and it is critical that no important health information gets lost during the patient’s transition. These transitions are most commonly seen among the elderly, accident victims, and patients suffering from long-term ailments and chronic illness.
Top Reasons to Love This Job
1. 45% of care centers across the country were named to the HomeCare Elite™, a recognition of the top-performing home health agencies in the United States.
2. Team members provide quality, clinically-distinctive care to more than 376,000 patients every year.
3. An impressive 50% of hospice care centers received Hospice Honors recognition
Must haves for this job
1. Bachelor’s degree with one (1+) year experience in sales.
2. One (1+) year successful sales experience within the healthcare industry.
3. Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of service. LPN, PT, OT, SLP and PA are considered in some cases.
4. Experience in home health business development preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess
1. Self-motivation — requiring minimal supervision.
2. A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics, as well as transitional care best practices.
3. A good understanding of the Federal, State, and local laws and regulatory guidelines governing home health and hospice operations.
4. Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with diverse individuals.
5. Experience with territory management, strong presentation skills, performance management, building relationships, emphasizing excellence, negotiation, results driven, sales planning and execution