Are you a strong, experienced OR RN with previous leadership experience? We’d love to talk to you about joining our close-knit family of collaborative, high-quality care providers. As a charge nurse, you will be part of our leadership team, providing clinical and operational shift supervision for care processes, including patient flow, quality processes, patient safety, and direction of unit staff in designated service areas. You may occasionally provide direct patient care, and will work to ensure exceptional patient care in your unit.
As an OR Charge Nurse, you will assess, plan, and evaluate the needs of the surgical patient before, during, and after the operation and provide nursing care to patients undergoing surgical procedures. You’ll also provide comfort and assist patients before they go into surgery while leading a group of nurses who provide a high level of care to each patient, daily.
We take seriously the service we give our patients and their families, and we’re looking for a nurse that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety, and rights of the individual, family, and community.
Top Reasons to Love This Job:
1. Competitive salaries
2. Work for the top healthcare system in the state with an amazing professional culture
3. Bonuses for obtaining certifications
4. Live, work and play in Santa Fe, low cost of living, friendly people and loads of recreational options.
Top “Must-Have” Skills For the Job:
1. Associate Degree in Nursing (BSN completion within 5 years of hire)
2. Registered Nurse – State of New Mexico or Compact State Nursing License or Graduate Nurse Permit required.
3. BLS certification within 30 days of hire.