We are looking for a CDIS to join our team. This CDIS will be expected to travel 100% of the time, as they’ll be at different sites every few months.
The Project Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (CDIS) implements clinical documentation improvement (CDI) activities in an effort to support accuracy and quality of the patient records at the facilities and to ensure that coded diagnoses are an accurate reflection of the patient’s clinical status and care. The role of the Project CDIS provides interim support to affiliated facilities. CDIS functions include reviewing the medical record documentation and clinical indicators and working with providers to ensure a complete and accurate medical record. An accurate medical record is important for the patient, for continuity of care by the next provider, and to demonstrate high quality care by the physician and the hospital.
Top Reasons to Love This Job:
1. 100% travel – Monday-Friday
2. Full Benefits, competitive salary, company card
3. Don’t have to relocate
Top “Must Have” Skills for This Job
1. At least one of the following is required: BSN, RN, or comparable clinical degree.
2. Must possess at least five years of acute hospital nursing experience
3. Minimum 2 years prior experience in clinical documentation improvement required.