Top reasons to love this job –
1. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. Healthgrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that this hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012.
2. Close-knit, collaborative team; providing excellent quality patient care
3. Advanced Stroke Center, first Chest Pain Center in LA
4. Relocation Assistance Available
Top “must-have” skills for this job –
1.Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; baccalaureate degree, Masters preferred
2. Two to five years of Acute Hospital Clinical Nursing required
3. Three to Five years of Management experience in area of specialty
Tell me about this job –
Administers, directs and coordinates activities of patient care within Maternity and Newborn service areas and is responsible for the recommendation, development and
implementation of policies and procedures in these areas and for keeping the CNO informed of both progress and potential problems. Responsible for the direction and evaluation of patient care delivery. Maintains operational aspects of patient care unit in collaboration with other service areas. Maintains interdepartmental quality controls and provides for departmental participation in performance improvement within the Maternity units and hospital-wide.