We are looking for a talented and experienced Director of Pharmacy to join our positive, collaborative team. In addition to being a great leader, we are looking for a team player who will lead by example and provide guidance and inspiration to the department.
In this role, you will have 3 direct manager reports (clinical, operations, and retail), as well as a handful of buyers. You will also be responsible for leading collaborations with over 100 people in the department, and for establishing positive working relationships both within your department and outside it. In this position, you’ll be reporting to the VP of Clinical Operations.
As the Pharmacy Director, you have the authority, accountability, and responsibility for the daily management, coordination and activities of your pediatric Pharmacy department. You will oversee pharmacy staff practice, personnel management, and overall staff development for inpatient, outpatient, and retail teams. You will assume the responsibility for all aspects of business conducted in your areas of responsibility, as well. As the director, you will conduct yourself with a team orientation attitude, professionalism, and appropriate decision–making abilities. In your role as the Director of Pharmacy, you will be a champion for safe medication practices throughout the organization and seek improvement in safe medication practices at every opportunity.
Top Reasons to Love This Job:
1. Great team and the chance to work with leading edge technology
2. Commitment to excellence in all areas
3. Relocation included
4. Opportunity to work for a top children’s hospital
“Must Haves” for This Job:
1. Graduation from an accredited school of Pharmacy
2. MBA or MHA preferred
3. Minimum of five years’ experience as a practicing pharmacist in a pediatric hospital pharmacy department
4. Experience in the pediatric application of unit dose distribution, IV admixture and pharmacy computer application is essential.
5. Must be skilled in the administration and supervision of Pharmacy services and be well versed in principles and current concepts of institutional Pharmacy practice.
6. Texas Pharmacy License required
7. Experience in 340B Program
8. DoseEdge experience
9. Prior supervisor or management experience