EMR General, Epic, Epic ADT/Prelude, Epic Cadence
8 hour shifts
Epic Application Systems Analyst Lead- Grand Central
Jobs in this family are responsible for developing, testing, maintaining, installing, and/or deploying of applications and related information technologies. In addition, they are responsible for the establishment, development, and promotion of standard architectures, as well as hardware and software components. This role provides consulting services regarding how to integrate information technologies into clinical and business processes and the effective application of industry and organizational technology standards.
This position will also consult with personnel in the organizational units within area of responsibility to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, learn specific input and output requirements and recommend solutions that improve operations.
• Position requires at least 7 years of direct experience. (years of experience can be
flexible in lieu of Epic certification and experience)
• A BA/BS degree in IS or Business is preferred.
• May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of
education and/or experience stated above.
• Lead or supervisor experience in some capacity is required
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
• Epic Grand Central, Prelude and Cadence certifications needed (all 3 is preferred, 1
or more is required)
• Epic certification is required
This position is a seasoned information technology professional, providing advanced proficiency within the Systems Analyst family. This position provides leadership in the development and application of technical, application and process knowledge within two or more application areas, striving to ensure that applications and the related information technologies continue to meet the ever changing clinical and business requirements of the organization. Expected activities include but are not limited to:
• Monitoring the effectiveness of applications and related information technologies in
meeting user requirements.
• Modification of applications as needed to meet user requirements.
• Definition and development of reports, performing application upgrades, resolution
of problems and issues associated with installed applications and related
• Diagnosis of failures encountered in application software and related technologies.
• Quality control of all application implementations and enhancements prior to
release to customers.
• Maintaining an awareness of vendor and industry developments/plans in area(s) of
responsibility, communication and documentation of all relevant items and
• Work with vendors and other IT personnel to ensure technical compatibility and
user satisfaction. Provides direction to other analysts as required to ensure
successful completion of tasks, identifies barriers to project success and
communicates effectively about those barriers to the appropriate team members.
• Serves as the Project Manager for projects of limited duration and complexity.