The Applications Systems Analyst Epic III is responsible for design, build, test, implementation and ongoing maintenance and support of applications and related information technologies. This role serves as a build mentor to other team ASAs on projects, initiatives and diagnosis of failure when needed.
This role provides consulting services on how to integrate information technologies into clinical and business processes and the effective application of industry and organizational technology standards.
Required Minimum Education/Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, clinical
discipline, or related field preferred
• Seven (7) years of Epic experience with a high school dipolma
• Or Five (5) years of Epic experience with an Associate’s degree is required
• Or Three (3) years of Epic experience with a Bachelor’s degree is required
• Strong build experience with Referrals module of Epic, required
• Epic Referrals Certification or Proficiency required within a 6 month time frame after
• Current Epic Referrals Certification or Proficiency is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and customer
• Ability to work with all levels of healthcare client organization
• Highly organized
• Experience with documentation, workflow design, and build configuration of area of
• Knowledge of clinical environments is highly desirable
• Ability to develop a trusted relationship with the client during the implementation
• The ability to work collaboratively with teams of all sizes as well as independently with
little to no supervision
• PC skills required
• A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of
specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
• Ability to serve as a team mentor and unofficial or official supervisor to other team
analysts on projects, initiatives and diagnosis of failure when needed
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining
solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new
• Build of applications to meet user requirements for new and optimized workflows in
designated applications and systems
• Communicates with customer, project team and vendors in a timely manner, with little
or no supervision, in the analysis and design of business and clinical requirements for
new and optimized application and system workflows, as well as ensuring secure and
stable architectures are in place.
• Diagnosis of failures encountered in application software and related technologies.
Participation in the resolution of problems and issues associated with installed
applications and related information technologies.
• Quality control of all application implementations/enhancements prior to release to
customers as well as ongoing maintenance and support as required by application life
• Maintains an awareness of vendor and industry developments/plans in area(s) of
responsibility, communication and documentation of all relevant items and activities.