The Security Coordinator is a technical role that understands and maintains the Epic software security structures. They partner with the application and compliance teams to design system-level security architectures, processes and documentation necessary to assure appropriate access to and security of the sensitive information of the organization. This role is critical in the creation and maintenance of security records, user profiles, roles and security classes. It is responsible for developing, testing, maintaining, installing, and/or deploying security changes for the Epic system.
Skills necessary for this role include:
• Incident\request management.
• Production of management and exception reports.
• Operating systems security and configuration controls.
• Local area network security.
• Compliance enforcement.
• Position requires at least 3 years of direct experience and a high school diploma or
equivalent OR an Associate’s Degree in IS and at least 2 years of direct experience
(years of experience is flexible in lieu of Epic certification and experience)
• BA/BS degree in IS or Business is preferred.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
• Epic Security Coordinator training and certification is required
• Epic certification is required
• Relevant Information Technology certifications preferred.