If you’re a talented Pharmacist with experience in clinical pharmacy application and IT with management experience, we want to talk to you! We’re looking for an analyst with at least five years of experience (residency counts) to join our Houston team. In this position you’ll be joining a close-knit, innovative team dedicated to improving systems across our facility.
Position is responsible for supervising and coordinating all activities and functions of the
ISD Clinical Pharmacy Solutions department, providing ongoing technical and clinical pharmacy leadership in support of our values and objectives. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills required in a large, complex corporate Information System. A working knowledge of mainframe, minicomputer, or microcomputer strategies, equipment, operating systems, development tools and methodologies is required. The ISD Manager of Clinical Pharmacy Solutions must possess advanced clinical pharmacy and technical knowledge in assigned software applications and serves as an interdisciplinary liaison between pharmacy and other divisions. The position is responsible for overseeing a
highly-skilled clinical pharmacists (Pharm-D), pharmacy technicians, nurses and other clinically-oriented technical resources. The ISD Manager of Clinical Pharmacy Solutions serves as a clinical/operational consultant to the System Pharmacy Division and acts as a liaison between that division and the Information Systems Division. The position is highly knowledgeable of clinical pharmacy standards in the healthcare industry and applies such clinical standards to a vast portfolio of supported Health Information Technology (HIT) systems, and strategic projects for the organization. The Clinical Solutions Manager reports to the Director and/or AVP of Clinical Solutions. The Clinical Solutions Manager applies clinical pharmacy, management and technical skills in line with the values and goals of MHHS to ensure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality services. The Clinical Solutions Manager is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to the values of the corporation through active participation in the Partners In Caring, Customer Service and Continuous Quality Improvement programs.
The ideal candidate will have EMR experience (Cerner is preferred), and will be an excellent problem-solver with good time management, communication, and customer service skills.
Sound like you? Apply here.
Top Reasons to Love This Job:
1. Work alongside supportive, friendly colleagues in a patient-focused environment
2. Tuition and Certification reimbursement
3. Competitive compensation program
4. Leading-edge technologies and treatment techniques
“Must Have” Skills for This Job:
1. Pharm D degree required
2. Current State of Texas license to practice as a registered pharmacist
3. At least seven (7) years of direct clinical pharmacy experience and/or six (6) years of industry training and increasingly responsible
experience in managing large, complex corporate information systems and activities
4. Experience in implementation of large and complex Information Systems in a healthcare environment, change management, clinical informatics, project management, quality improvement methods and tools, data analysis methods and tools, decision support methods and tools, and electronic health records
5. Advanced knowledge of information technology and Microsoft Office tools, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Visio or equivalent workflow documentation tool
6. Knowledgeable of HIT systems development lifecycles
7. Experience in leading projects
8. Demonstrated in-depth clinical and/or technical knowledge and complex problem solving abilities