The practitioner functions as a health care provider within skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), sub-acute rehab and long-term care facilities (LTCs) for the purpose of providing medical management and culturally sensitive care to patients or residents.
Provides assessment and consulting while collaborating with the collaborating physician. Works with the FFS PC (Name TBD), Medical Director, Facility, Director of Nursing and Administrator in the development and/or implementation of medical management policy, clinical protocols, and quality management programs. Dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the patients. The practice will involve care and management of patients in these settings. Care will include performing admission H&Ps, plan of care and day-to-day management of patients.
Schedule M-F, 8-5. On call once per month, there is a central answering system to triage and organize calls for you.
Top “must-have” skills for this job –
1. Completion of Nurse Practitioner accredited program
2. Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience, desired
3. Knowledge of long-term care, community resources and cost-effective alternatives regarding patient care delivery systems
4. Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPC codes
5. Knowledge of clinical standards of care
6. Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems is helpful
Top reasons to love this job –
1. More quality time with patients – average patient visit is 40 minutes
2. Interdisciplinary support team to provide care for the whole patient
3. One of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work 2017