We are seeking a dedicated, talented Gastroenterology RN to join our widely renowned GI department as the Patient Care Director. This professional RN will be responsible for the 24 hour management of the Gastroenterology Department by evaluating proposed procedural changes as they relate to patient care, directing/supervising the implementation, and ensuring compliance with Standards of Nursing Practice that promotes optimum health care delivery.
Our ideal candidate will be expected to develop patient care service goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures. They will also organize the department in accordance with the hospital’s mission and vision statements in order to provide specified nursing services to meet the legal, organizational, and medical staff guidelines.
Top Reasons to Love This Job:
1. Work for an award organization including Leap Frog Top Teaching Hospital 2016, Magnet Recognition and Best Hospitals for Nurses in Virginia
2. Progress your career with a teach hospital affiliated with the Mayo Clinic Network
3. Excellent compensation and benefits
4. Live and work in the Washington, DC area.
Top “Must-Have” Skills for This Job –
1. BSN required, MSN preferred
2. Current RN license to practice in the state of Virginia
3. 3 years of GI or relevant experience required
4. Experience and demonstrate excellent leadership skills
5. Membership in at least one professional organization