Transitional Care Coordinator (TCC) plays an integral role in the patient’s journey towards better well-being by serving as the communication link between the patient and their interdisciplinary health care team. The Care Coordinator is responsible for identifying the appropriate Post-Acute Care (PAC) setting and evaluating a defined population for transitional needs post-discharge to improve outcomes. This ensures that efficient, smooth, and prompt health care services will be delivered to the patient across the continuum of care, beyond a single episode of care and addresses the ongoing needs of the patient. The TCC engages the hospital care team, the physicians, post-acute care providers in the home or home-like setting, the patient and their families/caregivers while providing objective information and support throughout the care continuum focusing on safe transition of care.
Must-haves for this position:
-Registered Nurse with current, active unrestricted licensure required
– 5 years of clinical experience.
– Experience transitioning/discharging patients from acute (required) to Skilled Nursing Facility (strongly preferred)
-Case Management experience with CCM preferred.
– Experience working with geriatric population preferred.
– CMS and managed care knowledge preferred.
Top Reasons to Love This Job:
– Opportunity to make a difference to patients
– Competitive salary offered
– Full benefits package available
– Opportunity to work with one of the best facilities in the state