We are seeking a talented, positive, and experienced PA or NP to join a highly respected trauma team.
This position is ideal for someone with the ability to work autonomously, as it is very hands on with lots of responsibility. While you’ll be taking on all trauma scenarios, you’ll primarily be providing services to geriatric patients, young families, and some students.
In this position, you’ll be spending roughly 80% of your time on medical management. About 20% of your time will also be spent in the CCU, so you must be familiar with chest tubes and central lines. You’ll also need to be willing and able to follow vent management protocols and to answer questions related to those protocols.
Our facility is primarily looking for someone with two or more years of experience and you must be either a PA or an ACAGNP. While we prefer someone with emergency department experience (particularly hands on trauma), we will also consider someone with a hospitalist or other trauma background.
In addition to an excellent, positive culture with a family environment, our facility offers the chance be a part of a well-respected group of colleagues. We also offer a rounding with the trauma team, and our physician is an excellent mentor who will offer an amazing learning experience.
Sound like you or someone you know? Apply or refer here!
Top reasons to love this job:
1. Sign on bonus and relocation assistance offered, 27 days of PTO
2. Recently awarded Top 15 Health System designation by IBM Watson Health
3. Named as US News & World Report’s #2 Mid-Sized Hospital in the Nation
4. Academic affiliation with Texas A&M
5. Low cost of living with high living standards
“Must-Have” Skills for the job:
1. 2 years’ experience in acute care (trauma and/or ICU);
2. Hold national certification as an PA or ACAGNP (No FNPs accepted)
3. Current licensure from the Texas Physician Assistant Board
4. Current ATLS, ACLS, BLS certification
5. Must have experience with chest tubes, central line, and vent management
6. Experienced with Medical Management
7. PAs or NPs with Hospitalist experience preferred